fbpx

ACME Rickshaw Corp.

Fundraising Goal

£4000.00

£6383

160% of Goal

Jonah, Vikram & Matt spend the first few weeks of January 2019 driving a 7-horsepower tuktuk across India to raise money for the fight against the destruction of rainforests globally. The charity we're working with is Cool Earth. You can read more about Cool Earth on this website or further down this page.

Read More

Donate to this campaign

£
Share this Campaign

Cool Earth aims to reduce the impacts of climate change by combating deforestation in a variety of rainforest locations - including the Ashaninka and Awajun Projects in Peru, the Lubutu project in the Democratic Republic of Congo, the Orangerie Bay Project in Papua New Guinea, the Awacachi Project in Ecuador, and the Madeira Project in Brazil.

Cool Earth does not buy rainforest directly, but rather establishes sustainable agreements with local communities to ensure that local communities opt not to sell the nearby forest to loggers. These agreements aim to improve the lives of these communities to the point where they can withstand pressure to sell to loggers, and are based on the needs and specific requests of the community. They have previously involved support for local industries such as cacao and coffee, technical assistance, funding for local schools, provision of boats for emergency health evacuations, and targeted maternal healthcare.

Auditor estimates indicate that Cool Earth reduces greenhouse gas emissions through direct protection of forests at a rate of $1.34 1 tonne of CO2-equivalent per $1.34 raised by Cool Earth. Only 10% of funds raised go to administration costs — the other 90% of funds goes directly to the specific needs of the community

Gallery

© Cool Earth 2019 | Site by Venn Creative

Want More?

Sign up for Cool Earth news and stories.

Sign Me Up Don't show me this again.