The Cool Earth website how we communicate, raises income from individuals, and manage contacts. This new role will ensure that Cool Earth will make sure our website and associated systems are performing optimally, making the donation process a breeze for our donors.
Location: Penryn, Cornwall
Hours: Full time – 37 per week (Fixed term contract – 12 months)
Closing date: Midday on Wednesday 18th January 2017
Start date: Monday 20th February 2017 approx
Cool Earth is the charity that works alongside indigenous villages to halt rainforest destruction. Over the last nine years, Cool Earth has used its community-led model to save at-risk rainforest. Unlike any other rainforest NGO, Cool Earth protects forest by empowering the people who live there. We don’t buy land or create reserves. We make sure rainforest protection goes hand in hand with better lives.
Cool Earth’s success is down to a light touch approach that puts local people back in control of their forest. By helping to build incomes that depend on the forest being kept safe, we work to ensure that forest protection becomes self-funding.
We’re looking for a proactive troubleshooter, who is extremely self-motivated, with the ability to work autonomously but with support as needed from external specialists. You will take a methodical and diligent approach to all work that is carried out, with excellent attention to detail. You will haver responsibility for the operation of the website, with the ability to deliver projects on time and within budget.
Main purpose of the role
- Maintenance of the live and staging sites
- Development work based on client specifications.
- Performance monitoring/tuning.
- Code Documentation.
- Identifying and fixing bugs
- Experience supporting & developing a website in a LAMP (Linux, Apache, Mysql, PHP) environment.
- Experience integrating systems via APIs and troubleshooting existing integrations.
- Hands-on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.).
- A personal commitment to the mission and values of Cool Earth.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to listen carefully and respond constructively to feedback.
All candidates should have an excellent command of written English, the ability to work calmly under pressure, and delight in working with an ambitious team.
If this sounds like you, download more information and apply online using the links below.